This page on Maldives Visa contains
useful information on Visa requirements for Maldives travelers.
In this article, we will provide
you with information on Maldives visa requirements that will tell
you on how to obtain visa for Maldives.
Visa Information for Maldives Travelers
For obtaining the visa or the permit for entering into the republic
of Maldives, visitors must fulfill the following requirements:
- They must possess a valid international travel document that
is issued by the Government of a Sovereign State.
- They must have a valid return ticket or onward ticket for the
- They must have adequate money that can last till the intended
period of stay. The amount must be atleast (US$30 per person per
day) or else they must furnish a proof of the confirmed hotel
reservation for the total duration of stay.
People who are exempted from the
above-mentioned requirements include:
- UN Personnel
- Persons who are sponsored by people of Maldives.
- Persons who have confirm bookings in registered tourist
- Approved persons for employment
- Technical and other experts attached to the Government
There is no need to obtain prior
visa for entering the Maldives. Visa is granted to the visitors on
their arrival at the designated ports of entry. Visa is issued for a
period of 30 days to all those visitors who meet the statutory
requirements. You can get the tourist visa extended by complying
with the necessary formalities and paying a fee for of Rf750
(US$77). The extension is granted immediately on arrival of the
travelers, provided they furnish all the necessary travel documents.