Useful Maldives Phrases
In this article, we will tell you
about the popular Maldives words and phrases. Knowing about the common
slangs of Maldives will be of great benefit to you.
Useful Maldives phrases
- Hello (formal): Assalaamu Alaikum
- Hello (informal): Kihineh?
- How are you? Haalu kihineh?
- Yes: Aan
- No: Noon
- Where? Kobaa?
- Why? Keevve?
- ? Kaaku?
- There: Ethaa
- Here: Mithaa
- What? Koacheh?
- This: Mi
- That: E
- What is (your) name? Kon nameh kiyanee?
- My name is: Aharenge namakee
- Good: Ran'galhu
- Where are you from? Kon rasheh?
- Thank you: Shukuriyaa
- I am sorry: Ma-aafu kurey
- How old are you? Umurun kihaa vareh?
- My age is: Aharenge umurakee
- What place are we going? Kon thanakah dhanee?
- What time are (we) going? Kon irakun dhanee?
- What is the price?: Agu kihaavareh?
- How long will it take? Kihaa ireh nagaanee?
- What time is it? Gadin kihaa ireh?
- What island is that? E-ee kon rasheh?