Maldives Custom Rules
Customs rules differ from country to
country and the same applies on Maldives too. In this article, we will
provide you with information on the Maldives Custom Rules.
- Duty is imposed on all the goods imported to Maldives, except for
those that the passengers have brought for their own personal use or
for some non-commercial purpose.
- On special request, temporary import of goods and equipments,
brought for the purpose of carrying out special researches and other
professional purposes, is permitted.
- Basically, no duty is imposed on the goods intended to be
- Tourists, who after having traveled from abroad wish to go back
to stay in Maldives, are entitled to receive certain concessions on
the goods that they bring along with them.
- As per the custom rules, the import of goods like alcohol,
narcotics, explosives, poison, pork and pornography films is
- It is not allowed to export goods like turtle shells, parrotfish,
lobster, skate and ray, triton shell and pearl oyster.