Here is some handy information on
how to give tips in Maldives. Check out Maldives tipping tips.
Tipping in Maldives
Tipping in Maldives is not actually
an accepted norm. Officially, it is discouraged to give tips. However,
if you find the service good, you can acknowledge the person's effort by
giving a small tip. It is a common practice to tip the waiters at
restaurant and the room staff at the hotel. Read to know on how to give
tips in Maldives
- It is prohibited to tip at the airport, so avoid doing it.
- There is no need to tip the staffs of hotels and resorts, which
add a service charge of 10%.
- Tipping should not be more than 10% of the total bill at the
- There is no need to give tip to the prepaid taxi drivers.
- At the hotel, a weekly amount of US$10 is more than sufficient to
be paid as tip.